DUMP BED KIT FOR FLATBED TRUCKS
The PIERCE flatbed hoist is a complete dump bed kit designed primarily for installation on 1/2 – 1 ton truck with an after market dump or flat bed body. This dump kit fits flat bed lengths up to 12′, similarly they work well on a utility trailer, in addition PIERCE dump kits comes partially assembled, for your convenience. All cross members, scissor mounting hardware, bed hinges, pump/valve assembly, wiring, controls, cylinder, and a 200 AMP breaker are all included.
Which dump kit, the light, medium, or heavy duty? The choice is based on two factors your bed length and what capacity limit you want to be able to lift, haul and dump. Scroll down to view the fit chart.
DUMP KIT SPECIFICATIONS
- (DKLKPD) Light Duty (up to 10,000 LBS) / (DKMKPD) Medium Duty (up to 15,000 LBS) / (DKHKPD) Medium Duty (up to 20,000 LBS)
- Maximum angle: 45 degrees
- Dumping time: 10 sec.
- Breaker: 200 amp, 12VDC
- Cylinder Measurements:
- (DKLK Light Duty) 4″ x 14″ x 2″
- (DKMK Medium Duty) 5″ x 14″ x 2″
- Cylinder Working pressure is 2,250 psi
- Replacement Cylinder: (DKLK Light Duty) P05314BW (DKMK Medium Duty) P046514W
DETERMINING THE CAPACITY OF YOUR DUMP KIT
Bed length and overhang length effect the capacity of your dump bed kit, therefore refer to the table below. For instance, if you require the maximum capacity for a medium duty kit, you must have:
- 8’ bed with 12” overhang, or
- 10’ bed with 24” overhang, or
- 12’ bed with 36” overhang