The PIERCE hay bale unroller is simple to assemble and install. Follow the instructions below and you’ll be unrolling hay bales in no time. Hay bale unroller (three point attachment) installation:
If you receive your hay bale unroller on a pallet, you will have to complete the following assembly process. The image below is taken from the manual.
STEP 1: Arm Assembly
Parts: Right arm, left arm, the squeeze bar
Hardware: (2) 1 inch by 6-inch G8 bolts with grease zerk and 1-inch lock nut, and (2) 1 inch by 2.5-inch G8 bolts, (4) 1 inch G8 lock nuts, and (6) 1 inch flat washers.
Tools: (2) 1.5-inch wrenches
- Using two 1.5 inch wrenches, tightly bolt the left (AHBR1LARM) and right arms (AHBRRARM) to he hinge on the (AHBR1SQBR) with the provided 1” x 6” bolts and 1” lock nut.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Remove the cylinder pin from the cylinder. Bolt the spacer side of the arm guide (AHBR1ARMGUIDE) to the clevis side of the cylinder. Using two 1.5” wrenches, secure using the supplied 1” flat washer, 1”x 2.5” G8 bolt and 1” lock nut. Now, connect the other side of the arm guide (AHBR1ARMGUIDE) to the arm (AHBR1LARM). The guides should be loose enough to allow the arms to move.
- Repeat on the other side.
Step 2: Squeeze Plate Assembly
Parts: Right and left squeeze plate
Hardware: ¼” keeper pin
- Slide the squeeze plate (AHBR1SQPLATE) to the collar-end of the arm (AHBR1LARM). Secure using the supplied ¼” keeper pin.
Repeat on the other side
Step 3: Grease
Tools: Grease gun and red bearing grease.
- Left side squeeze bar bolt (AHBR1SQBAR) (1”x6” G8 bolts with grease zerk)
- Right side squeeze bar bolt (AHBR1SQBAR) (1”x6” G8 bolts with grease zerk
- Within the collar-end of the left side arm (AHBR1LARM)
- Within the collar-end of the right side arm (AHBR1RARM)
Two people will be required for the following installation. Ensure the tractor is turned off. You will need to purchase a 7/8” hitch pin (not supplied).
Hardware: (2) pre-installed lift arm pin, (2) 7/16” keeper pin, and (2) Cat II bushings**
Not supplied: 7/8” hitch pin
- Two people will need to lift the hay bale unroller.
- Attach the hay unroller frame to the tractor’s left bottom link using the (1) pre-installed lift arm pin and (1) 7/16” keeper pin.
- Repeat on the right side.
- Attach the hay unroller frame to the tractor’s top lift link using a 7/8” hitch pin (not supplied
**For Cat II tractors use the included bushes to remove slack between the tractor’s lifting arm and the unroller’s square bar.
- Connect the tractor’s 3 point hook up using the provided quick-connect hoses.
- Plug the male end of the hay bale unroller into the ½” female breakaway coupler on your tractor.
Your Pierce hay bale unroller is ready to use!
Your hay bale unroller is ready to use! Thank you for choosing PIERCE.