We are going to *install two ½ inch twist locks to Jeff’s 5 x 8 Top Hat trailer He’s tired of keeping track of the pin and wants a solution to pin the trailer down. Continue reading to learn more or watch the video below to view this process live.
1. Choose the right size twist lock for your application. For heavy duty applications, choose up to a one inch twist lock.
2. Grind the clamp for welding.
3. Next, clamp the twist lock in place.
4. Tack weld the nut. Check the fit of the mounting hole, and make sure the twist lock goes in with ease. We had to dye grind some of the mounting hole because it was too tight. Remember, for threaded twist locks to tighten the nut completely before tack welding it in place. This will insure the twist lock is properly positioned.
5. Weld the nut completely.
6. Now the PIERCE twist lock installation is complete and we are ready to load up the trailer.
*Please note: This is intended to be an installation overview, not an exact step by step process. Before you begin read the manual directions, and follow all the safety precautions. Do not install if you do not have the expertise or equipment.