How to test the solenoid on your PIERCE winch circa 2011-today? This article outlines instructions for testing the solenoid. Use the photo and accompanying directions for how to test the function of your solenoid.
1. Make sure the winch is properly grounded. The ground should connect to terminal #2. Click here to read "How to Keep your Winch Grounded".
2. Make sure you have a good 12V source hooked to terminal #4.
3. Make sure you have continuity between terminals #5, #6 and #7.
4. Using a jumper wire, jump from #4 to #1. Now terminal #6 should have 12 volts, and terminals #7 and #5 only have continuity.
5. Using a jumper wire, jump from #4 to #3. Now posts #7 should have 12V and #5 and #6 should only have continuity.
6. If all of this works properly your solenoid is good. If not, your solenoid needs to be replaced.