Win $2,500 for school with the second annual Pierce "Pulling For You" FFA essay scholarship competition.
At Pierce Arrow Inc., we support the FFA through contests, give-a-ways and scholarships because we believe in the FFA's values. To promote those values we presented the Pierce "Pulling For You" $2,500 essay scholarship in 2014.
We are proud to offer the same opportunity again this year in the second annual “Pulling For You” $2,500 FFA essay scholarship opportunity.
- One FFA graduating senior will win a $2,500 scholarship in 2016. The scholarship is dispersed in two equal installments over the first two semesters of college.
- This is an essay scholarship open to high school seniors who are members of their local FFA chapter and intend to go to college or technical college. Proof of enrollment will be required by the winner.
- Submit your essay with the topic/theme “who are you pulling for” or “who is pulling for you” below.
- The essay scholarship begins on November 2, 2015 and ends at midnight central time on April 1, 2016.
- Read the official rules here.
- The topic for the 2015-16 Pierce essay scholarship is “who do you pull for” or “who is pulling for you.”
- Essays must be 750 – 1,250 words. Footnotes, citations, endnotes, and essay titles will not be counted as part of the 750 – 1,250 words allotted to the applicant. Essays exceeding this length or handwritten may not be considered.
- Applicants must use proper grammar and spelling in the essay and will be penalized for use of improper grammar or spelling.
- Applicants are not permitted to include any forms of media other than plain text in their essays, such as photos, diagrams, or charts.
- Essays must be typed in 12 point Times New Roman font, double spaced. Your name, email, phone number and FFA chapter must appear on each page.
- Applicants may opt to cite external references in their essays, such as statistics or quotes. All external references must be properly cited as parenthetical citations, footnotes, or endnotes.
Essays will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creativity & originality
- Appropriateness to theme
- Grammar & spelling
- Use of language
SUBMITTING YOUR ESSAY
After November 2, click the button below to register and submit your essay. Please have your essay completed in Microsoft Word before beginning the registration and submission process.