Win $500 for school in the annual “Pulling For You” FFA essay scholarship.
Through give-a-ways, scholarships, and a corporate sponsorship of the Texas FFA we love supporting youth and the future of Agriculture. PIERCE pulls for the FFA. To support FFA students we presented the PIERCE “Pulling For You” essay scholarship in 2014.
We are proud to offer this opportunity every year. It’s rewarding to read how “pulling for you” is happening in your life!
- One FFA graduating senior will win a $500 scholarship.
- This is an essay scholarship open to high school seniors who are members of their local FFA chapter and intend to go to college or technical college.
- Submit your essay with the topic/theme “who are you pulling for” or “who is pulling for you” below.
- Submit your essays starting in October through April.
- Read the official rules here.
- The topic for the PIERCE essay scholarship is “who do you pull for” or “who is pulling for you.”
- Essays must be at least 500 words. Footnotes, citations, endnotes, and essay titles will not be counted as part of the 500 words allotted to the applicant.
- Applicants must use proper grammar and spelling in the essay and will be penalized for use of improper grammar or spelling.
- Applicants are not permitted to include any forms of media other than plain text in their essays, such as photos, diagrams, or charts.
- Essays must be typed in 12 point Times New Roman font, double spaced.
- Applicants may opt to cite external references in their essays, such as statistics or quotes. All external references must be properly cited as parenthetical citations, footnotes, or endnotes.
Essays will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creativity & originality
- Appropriateness to theme
- Grammar & spelling
- Use of language
SUBMITTING YOUR ESSAY
Click the button below to register and submit your essay. Please have your essay completed in Microsoft Word before beginning the registration and submission process.
2017-18: Kyle Barnett/ Decatur ISD / Decatur, Texas FFA
2018-19: Jacob Schaffer/ Barbers Hill ISD / Mount Belvieu, Texas/ Barbers Hill FFA